Saturday, August 24, 2019

20 Nineteen

We are on Day 236 of 2019...where has the time gone?!!

I listen to A LOT of podcasts these days...I mean A LOT...perhaps more podcasts than music on most days...which is kind of huge in my space. I just can't get enough of information. I listen to podcasts about business, travel agent life, motherhood, Christian devotions, and healthy living. I recently heard on one podcast that "writing" 20 minutes per day has significant improvements to one's mind and soul. I remembered how much I enjoyed blogging and using this blog as a means to document our life in the years filled with crazy chaos, so that I could one day go back to read and reminisce. I've always "wrote" for me and plan to strive to do this more.

I think 2019 so far has treated our family well. We continue to improve our stride with child-rearing, with balancing work - travel - home life. We are peeling back the layers of our first born to help her develop and be the best version of L through surgery to remove her tonsils and adenoids to correct her sleep apnea...to behavior therapy and now occupational therapy to address her sensory processing needs. We continue to grow in this space and must work hard to be patient with the process.

J and I have enjoyed the turquoise waters of Exuma, Bahamas...the warm hospitality of Mexico...and our family enjoyed weekends at our best friend's lake home, a family cabin in Northern Michigan and a week long escape to paradise...Hawaii this summer!

These girls fight often but manage to love a lot, too!

Sophia's comments lately have included:
S: "I just love our house" {as she was walking down our stairs}
Me: "Why do you love our house?"
S: "Because it's just so beautiful!"
Me::smile::

or the other day she told me "Daddy's in love with you!" And I said, yes, yes, he is and I love him, too!

She still says "gah" instead of "the" and we question when we start correcting her but it's soo damn cute right now...neither of us want it to end.

First born children help you realize how fleeting each season is and to just soak up the goodness of each moment as they come! 

I'll try to be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment