Tuesday, April 3, 2012

{New} Meals This Week

While eating a fabulous new recipe for dinner last night, Jeremy said, "I like you trying all of these new recipes." I noted that it is fun to not have the same ol' rotation of meals, and he said, "I can't even recall what our usual rotation used to be!" Ahh...the sweet smell of success AND pizza stuffed chicken!

Monday - Pizza Stuffed Chicken {photo & recipe borrowed from the Dashing Dish blog}

pizza3

This was super easy...
  • I tenderized a couple of chicken breasts, marinated them in Italian dressing for an hour
  • Then, mixed together pizza sauce with some Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper
  • I added a 1/4 cup of the sauce mixture on the chicken, followed by a few pepperonis and some shredded mozzo cheese
  • I rolled up the chicken and secured it together with a toothpick
  • I topped the rolled up breast with more sauce and a few more pepperonis
Bake 30-35 minutes at 375 degrees! The smell of this dish is intoxicating and the taste is delicious! This new recipe is a keeper!

{Note: this could easily be a gluten free dish, a low-carb dish and/or a low-fat dish with simple modifications}

On the side, we enjoyed steamed bag of California blend veggies, topped with some EVOO and Mrs. Dash Table Blend; as well as, some slices of leftover French-Sourdough Bread from the weekend {perfect bread for us - I love French, J is a BIG Sourdough fan, thank you Target!}

Tuesday - TGI Friday's Steak Fajitas, we'll add some black beans as a side and enjoy Chips & Salsa

Wednesday  - Bourbon Chicken - a copycat recipe of the usual Chinese take-out staple...I found this on my favorite recipe app - BigOven 

Bourbon Street Chicken

Thursday - Salad Night - Buffalo Chicken & Blue Cheese for J; a little Grilled Chicken and veggie for me!

Friday - Fasting...Good Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment