Thursday, March 22, 2012

Puttin' on the Ritz

I don't know about you, but I love staying in hotels. In fact, I think I'm the only person in this household who actually loved it when we relo'd to Indy, and "lived" in the Residence Inn downtown on the canal for just over 3 months. Honestly, who wouldn't love a housekeeper to make your bed daily, load/unload the dishwasher and a huge breakfast assortment to pick from every day.

With every hotel stay, we usually bring home the sample-sized goodies from the room. Then, we have them displayed in a basket for our guests that come to stay with us. We love having housesguests, so I guess you could call it part of our Irish hospitality we offer here at "the L."

Besides...some hotels provide really nice smelling sets of products [specifically Tahiti Village in Vegas...and the Ritz Kapalua, Maui}, and why should these barely used bath products be left behind for the housekeeper to toss!

Well, earlier this month, Jeremy took this habit into nth degree - basically bringing home a weeks worth of hotel suite products - or perhaps he robbed the housekeeping cart at the Ritz Orlando! In Jeremy fashion, he assembled the products below and THEN showed me...which made me laugh outloud for quite some time!! :)


You see the triangle-shaped tall boxes on the left - coffee creamer/sugar kits...behind that - about 5 things of coffee, in front of that - a nice assortment of teas. This is awesome, since we are not coffee drinkers, I can brew just what we need for a houseguest!

Yes, that is shoe horn!! And a nice cloth for shining your shoes...and mints, chocolates, shower caps and more!

I think we have about 4-5 of each shampoo, conditoner, body soap, lotions, mouthwash, etc.

Quite the assortment...thanks babe! Maybe my "frugalista" actions are wearing off on him! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment