Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Dollar Short and a Day Late

As I mentioned in a previous post, I fell in love with the company "Birch Box," a trendy service that sends a monthly box of sample-size beauty supplies and tools to your mailbox. I discovered this while in Chicago and began sharing this knowledge with a dear friend of mine, Lindsay. We would often sit together on the steps near the Sears Tower with our brown bagged lunches and dream about how we can make money and leave our miserable jobs in the financial services industry. As I had "babies-on-the brain" at the time, I told her, "wouldn't it be great if we could take this concept behind Birch Box and mirror it in a different industry - like baby stuff for moms. Afterall, everyone wants to 'try it before you buy it' when it comes to diaper rash or baby hair care." We both thought the idea had legs, we just didn't have the knowledge or experience to lift it off the ground.

Imagine my bittersweet emotions when I read an article on a new service called "Bluum," which offers exactly what I thought of - monthly box of sample-size goodies for new moms for a $9 per month subscription.

What a great shower gift to pamper a new mom for months to come...when the excitement of congratulatory cards and gifts have long ceased arriving at the front stoop.

Check out the pic below, it looks just like my Birch Box in a previous post.

No comments:

Post a Comment