Monday, August 19, 2013

L^2 Take Michigan...Round 1

Following our visit to Minnesota to meet the movers packing up our home, J left to head back to work in Colorado...meanwhile, us girls took Michigan by storm.

We helped my Dad and Stepmom celebrate the 1-year anniversary of their retail shop opening in Dundee, Michigan.

 Miss L had fun playing with her Godmother and Auntie Jener...

The next evening, Miss L enjoyed going to her Great-Grandpa and Great-Grandma's Farm - she fed the pony, Ginger; and enjoyed blowing out the candles on Grandma's Chocolate-Zucchini Cake.





On Thursday, I even enjoyed a Girls Night Out with my friends and sisters! It was Martini Night at Dolce Vita...just like the olden days!

Friday was a Family Pool Party with Jeremy's grandma, aunt, cousins and their munchkins. It was fun to see Miss L playing with all of them, including little Austin who is just 6 weeks younger than Miss L.

We enjoyed "Celebration Day" on Saturday with my family - as there were/are countless birthdays to celebrate in late-July through early-August, our new home/move, my brother's big engagement and simply - many reasons to celebrate.

The Celebration Day Soiree was hosted by my fabulous Aunt Shelley. She throws the best parties and is always the hostess with the mostess! It was so nice to see all of my family at one time {this is a major struggle every time we visit Michigan}. Also, I was able to see/meet my cousin's little boy, Gage, as he celebrated his 1st birthday with us. I think we were all on a sugar high after this party!

 
Miss L & Grandpa D
 
Kisses to Auntie Jener

The following day was a Lazy Sunday. The weather the entire trip, but this day especially, was soo chilly. It truly felt like fall and I thought we should have been watching some football on TV. Us ladies stayed with my Stepdad and spent the day having fun with my sisters. Here we are at the park...we even had to go to Meijer to buy pants for Miss L b/c I didn't pack enough...well, only one pair!


Miss L loved singing Twinkle, Twinkle, while Aunt Nae played the piano.

Higher with Aunt Nae


Aunt Nae made a batch of Pumpkin Bread for her favorite niece...so sweet & yummy!


It was fun being home during "fair week." That is, Michigan's Finest Fair - the Monroe County Fair! "The Fair" has a special place in our hearts, as it is the location of where my parents met, where I met Jeremy, where I spent many, many summer growing up and nearly 1/2 of my family has some effort in making it such a fine operation.

On Monday, Miss L loved visiting the animals, playing on the tractors and of course, enjoying some delicious "butterfly chips" ...



"Farmer for a Day" with Auntie Jener



We had our friends over to the Pool on Tuesday. Albeit a little chilly, we had fun in the sun!
Janelle with Tessa {12 months} & Maddie {29 months}, Jessica & Logan {24 months}, Me & Miss L {24 months}


The cutest monkey at the Zoo!
Wednesday was an impromptu visit to the Toledo Zoo with Aunt Melanie {and kids she nannies} and Grandma Lyn. I was soo impressed with the updates to the Zoo. It was both familiar and filled with so many new things - then again, it has probably been a decade since I was there last...and I think it was for more of "adult-drinking-fundraiser soiree" at the Zoo.

Exploring the gardens with Grandma

Aunt Mel













Followed by another visit to the Monroe County Fair with Papa, Nana, Auntie Jener & Aunt Nae...
Riding the Big Ferris Wheel
Wow! We are high!



Carousel Rides

Feeding the goats at the Fair

Thursday was a fun day at Wildwood Metro Park in Toledo with my mom, sisters and stepdad.
Miss L looked lovely in her dress {my mom made for her} in front of the beautiful mansion on the grounds. We grabbed some delicious snacks for a picnic and had a fun day in the park!

Could we look any more opposite?


Sooo Big! Just a week shy of our 2 year birthday!
We finished our last day with visits from all of the grandparents..{at staggered hours, of course!}
We had a fun trip visiting all of Miss L's grandparents, great-grandparents and a plethora of family and friends. I'm in need of photos from J's side, as many of them are on my mother-in-law's camera...and of course, my mom is usually behind the camera on photos from our side.

Round 2 will be later in the fall...when us girls Take Michigan for a wedding + more family fun + mommy goes on a "girls getaway weekend." Stay tuned for Round 2...

No comments:

Post a Comment