Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A Week of Firsts

I really was planning to post a "Wordless Wednesday" tonight but I have so many exciting things to talk about, that I am far from wordless, however, I don't have a lot of any photos to include. Sorry.

Monday

My last day of "so-called-freedom," Miss L and I enjoyed some pool time with Miss C and her mommy...followed by a daycare interview {went okay, it was the first "center" I explored}...followed by a random afternoon of shopping at the MOA...and pooltime at the neighbors with daddy!

This was all fun and games...but the real fun happened when Miss L took her first steps!! Her daddy hasn't validated this movement...yet. Also, Miss L drank through a straw for the first time. I purchased one of these "cuties" smoothies for her. They are found in the produce section and made entirely of fruit {juices}. She loved it and drank well from the straw!

Tuesday

My first day at the new job. It went very well, I was extremely busy the entire day and thoroughly enjoyed meeting my new colleagues and getting acclimated. J took care of getting home to relieve the nanny, which enabled me to take my time and stay as long as needed.

Wednesday

Day 2 at the office...another wonderful day. I recognized that I have yet to experience the emotions or feelings that I expected would accompany this new change in our lifestyle. Maybe it will hit me next week, or the week after. Only time will tell...but I do think my positive feelings and excitement currently are fueled by these three factors:
  • Due to our temporary nanny, Miss E, I am able to "leave the house" and do not actually have to drop off Miss L at daycare {Saying goodbye is much easier in the comfort of your home}.
  • I feel extremely comfortable with Miss E as our nanny for the summer...on her first day {last week} they made home made playdough and this week has included time spent at the pool and library. I love knowing Miss L is well cared for and having fun at the same time!
  • I love my new job. It is easy to see that I will be extremely busy, challenged, fulfilled and driven to grow, learn and explore. I am impressed with the facilities, resources and management style; as well as with my new colleagues. A "Welcome to the team" planter was on my desk on day 1, which I hope to keep alive {despite my "brown" thumb}
I better get off to bed...as there is no "naptime" in my new schedule. All-in-all, things are off to a fantastic start. More to follow...

3 comments:

  1. Happy it's going well! I'll be in your boat soon, so any tips that work for you would be appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're enjoying it! Prayer answered!

    ReplyDelete