Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Fridays for Fat Tuesday

I've never been to Mardi Gras, but growing up we certainly did observe the celebration and meaning behind Fat Tuesday...as we prepared for Lent and our Lenten promises.

This year, J and I are giving up sweets - defined as - cookies, cakes, candy. I was half-tempted to give up alcohol...but let's face it - I gave that up for 10 months last year, I'm not yet ready to do that again.

We decided to celebrate Fat Tuesday with a Dessert Date to the local TGI Friday's.

We have already scoped out the dessert menu and selected two items to share and savor, as these will be our last sweets until Easter Sunday (we don't 'cheat' on Sundays or one day per week like others).



Brownie Obsession


Peanut Butter Pie


3 comments:

  1. You are a brave, brave girl! I had to pretty much give up sweets during my pregnancy due to my gestational diabetes, and it was ROUGH! I would venture to say it was harder to do that than give up alcohol! Enjoy your sweet treats tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was delish. The brownie obsession was too rich, we didn't finish. But the peanut butter pie was heavenly. Sweets are difficult, but it helps when both of us are avoiding them!

    ReplyDelete