On Tuesday of last week, Miss L had her traditional pediactric visit. Since the doc we had been seeing is on maternity leave, I made this appointment with one of the docs that checked her out in the hospital, Dr. Coch.
We very much enjoyed his visit while in the hospital; and this appointment solidified that we will be seeing him from here on out. As a doc at large ped. practice (25+ docs), he made us feel like his only patient...which was very comforting.
Doc is very pleased with the health of Miss L and all is well. Her stats are as follows:
- 11#, 2oz - 10th percentile
- 23 3/4" long - 25th percentile
- I forget her head measurement - also 25th percentile
Helpful hints for other new parents:
- Bring Children's Tylenol with you and dispense at appointment while waiting for doc (as a proactive measure)
- Bring a bottle or prepared to nurse following the appointment, just in case; can be very comforting to little one
- Be observant of any post-shot fever -a temp higher than 101.5 degrees F for babies 3m and older