Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Big 3-0

Jeremy exited his 20's on Sunday...all the while, "taking it like a man..." he didn't shed one tear over closing the chapter of youth. LOL I can say that now, because I have 2 more years to cross this bridge myself!

Jeremy has accomplished so much in the short 30 years on this earth; I can't wait to see what the next 30 have in-store for him and our family. I feel so fortunate to have been a part of the fun the past 15 years and basically grow up together. Enough with the sappy stuff.

It just so happened, he had a nice 5-day vacay to enjoy with the holiday. And with the exception of the first day, I got the pleasure of spending every day and night with him. Some couples would go stir-crazy spending so much time together...not us. We both miss each other (and now Miss L), sooo much on Mondays. This lil' staycation made it that more difficult to leave one another.

For his bday celebration, we went downtown Minnie for dinner at Fogo de Chao. This was my first time at Fogo de Chao, but I am not a newcomber to the Brazillian steakhouse concept. It's basically an all-you-can-eat meat feast - with servers briskly walking the restaurant floor with skewers of various meats, ready to shave a tender, juicy slice of beef, pork, lamb or chicken onto our plate.

Jeremy loved the meats, and certainly I think they had the best filet mignon that I have ever had. It literally melted in my mouth. But my favorite part of the experience was the signature Brazillian cocktails. Is anyone really surprised by this? :) Nearly everyone in the bar was enjoying a lime-infused beverage. After a quick view of the drink menu, I gathered that this is a Caipirinha - a refreshing blend of limes, sugar and Brazillian spirits. Since I'm more of a vodka-girl than a rum-lover...I ordered the cousin drink called the Caiprissco (sp?). After one (strong) sip, I pronounced this a new favorite and that I must buy limes on my next grocery trip to try to replicate this drink at home. The ice was finely crushed, the limes were muddled and the entire beverage shaken (like a polaroid picture!) to perfection. See photos below...


Here is a photo of the molten chocolate lava cake in celebration of Jeremy's big day!

Happy Birthday Jeremy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment